Avanos wishes to notify that we are continuously reviewing and refining our Business Continuity Plan (BCP) in response to COVID-19
Based on the decisions taken by European governments, Avanos is planning for a situation where there is more widespread community transmission and the risk level is high. In order to protect medical staff, patients and our employees whilst maintaining our high service levels the following, which starts Friday, March 13th, and ranges till Sunday, April 19th, has been communicated to our staff:
- All personnel is required to work from home via telework using ICT tools to conduct meetings (e.g. Skype, Conference calls). As such our service maintenance standards are maintained.
- We have ensured that all office-based staff, have the capabilities to work remotely to ensure continuity of service.
- We have banned all hospital visits to ensure caregivers are not distracted from their vital work. We will of course attend at the hospital’s request for training or support relating to an urgent patient need.
- As a global provider of medical providers with manufacturing facilities situated mainly in the Americas, we are constantly assessing our supply chain to ensure shortages are avoided.
- Our EMEA headquarter in Brussels is closed. All our departments remain operational.
- We ask you to avoid sending written communications and packages to the EMEA headquarter in Brussels as well as the regional offices in France, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Please send whatever you can by email to the respective departments:
- Staff is required to if they suspect they are experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus, that they do not come to work and contact their GP/Hospital for advice.
We have worked through a wide range of scenarios as part of our Business Continuity Plan and we are liaising with regional government bodies in relation to ensuring supply and service levels.
COVID-19 has meant clinicians are being asked to return to clinical duty from retirement and any Healthcare Professional with ICU training to return to ICU. This action and response means there is a critical need for training and education on current practices.
To support Healthcare Professionals and Healthcare Providers with this effort, Avanos is making all training videos and education resources freely and easily accessible – please use this link to take you to our product training and education portal www.avanosacademy.com.